What is PP-R
PP-Risa thermoplastic polyolefin which is easy to process into pipes & fittings with superior chemical & physical properties.
Why we need PP-R
They are best carriers of portable water (both Hot or cold) in domestic as well as in industrial application (chemical & compressed air lines) in terms of Excellent quality & price.
When we need PP-R
When long term performance under adverse conditions without deviations in standards is required.
Where we need PP-R
Areas of plumbing / hot water / Water tight systems / corrosion resistance / No encrustation tendency / Noise dampening plastic material / long term pressure resistance application / Chemical resistance / no leakage – life time.
PP-R 3 Layer pipes
Hot & Cold Water Supplying Pipes
- PP-R 2 Layer pipes
- Anti Microbial PP-R layer
- Black pp-r layer
- UV stabilized PP-R layer
- Strong UV stabilized black PP-R layer
- Sanitary lines
- Water purifying / Pharmaceutical plants for clean water
- Lines for conveying liquid food products
Industrial systems like conveying compressed air pressure, aggresive fluids like acids, alkaline solution effluent and sewage disposals for industries like textile, sugar, paper, food & pharma, dairies and many chemical industries.
Pipes for Agriculture Use
It has many important features including
- Radiator heating pipes, Room heating system, under floor heating pipes.
- Chilled water circuit for refrigeration units.
- Portable water pipe networks for cold and warm water installations i.e. In residential buildings, hospitals, hotels, office and school buildings, ship buildings etc.
- Pipe network for rainwater utilization systems
High internal pressure resistance :
- Resistance to Abrasion and corrosion
- No corrosion by acid and alkaline fluids with pH values between 1 and 14
- High chemical resistance.
- Excellent ESCR – Longer life
- High abrasion resistance = > high flow velocities possible
Minimum 50 years life time.
No Negative Influence on Water Quality
Very Smooth Surface of Pipes and Fittings
- Compliance with the international standards like FDA on the use of plastic materials for the transportation of drinking water.
- Since UV treated, it prevents UV passage – prevents growth of bacteria & algae.
- No lime stone or other deposits (non polar nature), no bacterial & fungal growth.
- Head loss / pressure drop reduced to a minimum / Negligible.
Threaded Insert Fittings
- 100% homogeneous connections, guaranteeing leak-tight (minimum 50 years), long lasting
- Fast and easy installation
Silence / Sound Absorption :
- All threaded inserts are brass (min. 60% cu) with Chromium plated.
- Watertight assemblies with other metal elements in the installation.
Considerable noise reduction in comparison to metal.
Low Speicific Weight
- Easy transport and handling.
- Lowest density as compared to conventional metal pipes (1/8 times of metal pipe).
Low heat conductivity reduces the condensation of water on the outer surface of cold water.
Fitness for Use in Seismic Areas
- Flexibility and toughness of the PP-R pipes allow their use also in seismic prone areas.
- No cause of damages to pipe.